RPi schematics breakdown
Raspberry Pi schematics breakdown
I (AndrewS) found it slightly annoying that all the component-labels in the official schematics PDF are images rather than text, which means you can't search for components by name (e.g. using your PDF-reader's standard search tools). So I spent a large chunk of my weekend meticulously transcribing the schematics into a multi-column CSV file: schematics_r1.0_breakdown.csv
I've done some basic checking, but this is totally unofficial so it may well contain mistakes. If in doubt refer to the original schematics! I have included the unverified typos though.
Using this you can now search for components by name, and read off which sheet and sheet-area they're on :-) And because it's a plain-text CSV file you can load it into your favourite spreadsheet application and slice/dice/sort/filter the data however you want. Or you can load it into your favourite programming language, and make things like RPi_BCM2835_Pinout or RPi_BCM2835_Signals_Rev1.0 or RPi_BCM2835_Signals_Rev2.0 or RPi_Partial_BOM_Rev2.0_ModelB ...
- 2012-04-22 - Initial version
- 2012-04-23 - Used front and back PCB images to assign each Component to a BoardSide
- 2012-04-25 - Added the H4 and E4 pins in the BCM2835 IO1 module that I'd missed
- 2012-04-25 - Added a (best-guess) ConnectionType column, which allowed me to colourify RPi_BCM2835_Pinout
- 2012-05-06 - No change to the .CSV file, but I've updated the .XCF file (GIMP project) linked to here to A) correct the pin labelling on the LAN9512 chip and B) add some colouring to the components to group them by module, for the front and the back of the PCB (SoC closeup)
- 2012-05-07 - Alternative (interactive) view of the PCB components grouped by module: http://www.andrewscheller.co.uk/rpi_pcb_modules.html
- 2012-05-08 - More interactivity added to the interactive view mentioned above
- 2012-05-09 - Another update to the GIMP project - made the PCB centered in the page, and corrected the aspect ratio!
- 2012-05-13 - Another addition to the GIMP project - JamesH's finger holding the BCM2835 SoC. Also improved alignment of some of the layers, and added layer masks
- 2012-10-29 - I'd mistyped VDD_FB as VD_FB. Also changed "fuse" -> "polyfuse", "chip" -> "integrated circuit" and "GPIO Header" -> "General Purpose I/O", added the fiduciary markers too, and renamed the file to schematics_r1.0_breakdown.csv. Added schematics_r2.0_breakdown.csv which corresponds to the Rev2.0 schematics.
- 2012-10-30 - Added the partial BOM, see link above.