Supporting open-spec development board and libraries on meta-debian
- Supporting open-spec development board and libraries on meta-debian
- Yoshitake Kobayashi
- Solicting bids
This project aims to support open-spec hardware platforms and middleware libraries on meta-debian. The meta-debian is a set of recipes (metadata) for the poky build system, which allows cross-building Linux images by using Debian source packages. The meta-debian is mainly intended to be used for embedded products which needs long-term support.
The current implementation only supports limited hardware platforms (currently only RasberryPi has been tested) and libraries. To enable the use of meta-debian in wider use-cases, it is desirable to have more supported hardware and libraries.
This project will be separated into three action items. The first one is BSP development. The second one is recipe development. And the last one might be some demo development (optional).
- Candidate open-spec platforms
- Suggested middleware and libraries to be supported
- qt5 (Embedded)
- meta-debian - https://github.com/meta-debian/meta-debian
- Yocto Project poky - https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/
- meta-ivi - http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-ivi
- Develop Rootfs and BSP for selected hardware
- Develop middleware / libraries
- Develop some interesting demos if possible
- Each contractor candidate will be able to choose or propose hardware platform(s) to be developed.
- Each contractor candidate will be able to propose and/or choose middleaware/libraries to be developed.