Zipit Hardware Mods
- How to perform the 5-wire and 3-wire serial mods so you can alter the Zipit firmware: Zipit Serial Mod original website: Zipit Hardware mods website
- Add a backlight: Zipit Back Light
- Info on adding MMC memory to ZipIt here: ZipIt_MMC
- Info on adding Realtime Clock to ZipIt here: ZipIt_RTC
- More info http://www.cybertheque.org/homebrew/zipit/
- Add on card: miniSD card, backlight power, and 5-wire serial mod. TomW will modify a ZipIt to add an RS232 port (the 5 wire mod), a mini-SD card, and backlight power supply for $70 + shipping, or, you can purchase just the board and install it yourself. Look here for details: Zipit Addon Board
- What to do when you use the wrong power supply: Did I kill my Zipit?!