Automated Testing Summit 2018
This is a public planning page for the Automated Testing Summit
Coordinated by: Tim Bird
- Determine attendees
- create "wanted attendees" list
- ask for interested parties
- Determine venue
- ask candidate attendees about which event, length, format works best for them
- see who's interested in coming
- send e-mail to find out which event, format, etc.
- Plumbers 2018 - Vancouver, Canada - Nov 13-15
- ELC Europe 2018 - Edinburgh, Scotland - Oct 22-24
Note: For Plumbers, ATS would be a micro-conference during the event. For ELC Europe, ATS could be before, during or after the event.
- Pawel Wieczorek (Samsung) - SLAV
- Kevin Hillman (BayLibre) - KernelCI, lab-in-a-box
- Tom Gall (Linaro) - LKFT
- Neil Willliams (Linaro) - LAVA
- Jan Lübbe (Pengutronix) - Labgrid
- Tim Bird (Sony) - Fuego, ttc
- Andrew Murray (Witekio) - started this initiative
- Daniel Sangorrin (Toshiba) - Fuego/CIP
- Khiem Nguyen (Renesas) - LTSI testing
- more people from industry
- (comcast? - ask Khem for contact (done))
- Yannick Brosseau (Facebook) -
- Dmitry Vyokov (Google) - KASAN, syskaller testing
- Kenji Tadano (Mitsubishi)
- Kengo Ibe (Mitsubishi)
- Shuah Khan (Samsung) - kselftest
- Cyril Hrubis (?) - LTP
- someone from yocto? (who?)
- someone from buildroot? (Thomas Petazzoni?) (is the buildroot community interested in this?)
- someone from U-Boot? (Tom Rini/Stephen Warren/Simon Glass)?
interested in attending
Please add your preferred co-located conference (ELCE, Plumbers, or something else), if you have one.
- Geert Uytterhoeven - general board farm (ELCE or FOSDEM)
- Kieran Bingham - general board farm
- Jan-Simon Möller - general board farm, especially LAVA & KernelCI
- Marco Cavallini (Koan) - general board farm
- Chris Fiege (Pengutronix) - board farm hardware, special development tools (USB-SD-Mux, ...)
- Michal Simek (Xilinx) - general board farm
- Punnaiah Choudary Kalluri (Xilinx) - general board farm
- Neil Willliams (Linaro) - LAVA
- Tim Bird (Sony) - Fuego, ttc (either ELCE or Plumbers is OK)
- Carlos Hernandez (Texas Instruments) - manages board farm at TI
- Otavio Salvador (O.S. Systems) - (prefers ELCE)
- Jan Lübbe (Pengutronix) - labgrid (prefers just after ELCE)
- Milosz Wasilewski (Linaro) - LKFT (ELCE or FOSDEM are fine) - can cover LKFT if Tom can't make it
- Muhammad Shafique (Mentor) - general board farm, LAVA & KernelCI
- Mirza Krak (Endian Technologies AB) - (ELCE or FOSDEM)
- Tim Orling (Yocto Project) - (ELCE, possibly Plumbers)
- Matt Hart (Linaro) - board farm, PDUDaemon, LAVA and KernelCI
- Rouven Czerwinski (Pengutronix) - labgrid (prefers just after ELCE)
- Mark Brown (Linaro) - Board farm stuff, kernelci, consuming results
Here is some brainstorming on an agenda...
- board farm survey (lightning talks)
- what are people using?
- what works?
- what's missing?
- board discovery/lab introspection?
- layers and interfaces
- what layers are supported, needed?
- any way to leverage/separate/isolate existing software?
- what tests need to be supported?
- package-based (package unit tests)
- driver (hardware specific?)
- requiring specialized hardware external to board (e.g. canbus simulator, hdmi frame-grabber)
- how to allocate/schedule multiple pieces of equipment for a test (e.g. 2 or more nodes for a network test)
- results reporting
- centralized server and API to it (kernelCI json?)
- sharing tests
- how to define standards
- de-facto only? (dominant project? (cough, LAVA))
- survey of existing projects, and what pieces they focus on (or don't)