Automated Testing Summit 2018
This is a public planning page for the Automated Testing Summit
Coordinated by: Tim Bird and Kevin Hilman
- Coordinate registration, signage and badging with ELCE/OSSE
- Send out Survey
- Collect and organize survey results
- Finalize sessions, presentations, and discussion topics
Date and Venue
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
- Venue: in the Edinburgh International Conference Centre
- Date: October 25, 2018
- co-located (following) Embedded Linux Conference Europe and Open Source Summit Europe
- ELCE and OSSEU run Oct 22-24
- see https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/elc-openiot-europe-2018/
- You can use the Linux Foundation discounts for room blocks at certain hotels in Edinburgh. See the venue-travel page for ELCE for more information.
- Room: to be announced
- Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Lunch will be included. Attendance is by invitation and is free-of-charge.
Sponsorship is provided by the Core Embedded Linux Project of the Linux Foundation.
Tim is working on a glossary and survey. Kevin has a high-level CI-Loop diagram for discussion. See Test Stack Survey for the work in progress.
Eventually, we'd like to fill out the information on: Test Stack Layers
Here is some brainstorming on an agenda...
- board farm survey (lightning talks)
- what are people using?
- what works?
- what's missing?
- board discovery/lab introspection?
- layers and interfaces
- what layers are supported, needed?
- any way to leverage/separate/isolate existing software?
- what tests need to be supported?
- package-based (package unit tests)
- driver (hardware specific?)
- requiring specialized hardware external to board (e.g. canbus simulator, hdmi frame-grabber)
- how to allocate/schedule multiple pieces of equipment for a test (e.g. 2 or more nodes for a network test)
- results reporting
- centralized server and API to it (kernelCI json?)
- sharing tests
- how to define standards
- de-facto only? (dominant project? (cough, LAVA))
- survey of existing projects, and what pieces they focus on (or don't)