Automatic Door Lock System
I'm using the following template to grade. Each slot is 10 points. 0 = Missing, 5=OK, 10=Wow!
00 Executive Summary 00 Installation Instructions 00 User Instructions 00 Highlights 00 Theory of Operation 00 Work Breakdown 00 Future Work 00 Conclusions 00 Demo 00 Not Late Comments: I'm looking forward to seeing this. Score: 00/100
The goal of this project is to build a Door Lock System such that the knock pattern acts as a key to it i.e. The system will get activated and door will be opened only until a specific pattern is detected by the system. The knock pattern is alterable, means user can set it according to their wish.
They are many components used in our project but the key role was of servo motor (HK15178).
The other main component was the piezo sensor which is used as the knock detector in our project.
Rest of the components which we have also used
- PCB Board
- 2 Led's (green & Red)
- Momentary Push Button
- Permanent Push Button
- 4 resistors
we have used only some of the hardware components like
- Double sided tape
To drive all the electrical components correctly we have used the following board
- Make the circuit as shown in figure.
- Press the Permanent Push Button and give knock sequence to piezo-electric sensor for setting a new secret knock pattern.
- Now, provide the knock sequence with permanent push button's state turned off. If pattern matches, the door will be unlocked, otherwise it wont.
- For locking the door while being inside, press the momentary push-button.
Note: The system can detect 21 knocks at max with maximum time difference between two consecutive knocks to be 1.2 seconds.
- Initially, the work was done on both Arduino and Beaglebone, but due to some technical issues, the final system uses Arduino only.
- The system can also be integrated with an Android Application, which will command the system for either locking or unlocking.
Theory of Operation
- Gathering the Components and configuring it accordingly by Mani Kumar and M.R.Srinath
- The circuit part was handled by Anand K. Parmar and Shiva Verma.
- The algorithm was designed by Mani Kumar and Anand K. Parmar.
- Merging together and designing work was handled by M.R. Srinath and Shiva Verma.
- Integrating the system with an Android Application.
- Making the system more secure by incorporating eye scanner, thumb print or knuckle print scanner for reliable functioning.
- Taking the picture of the person whosoever is setting the new secret knock pattern and sending it to the administrator.
- We'd like to thank Professor Dr Mark A. Yoder for providing us with this course were we have put in our efforts in making this project with all the required assignments and also the assessments of Dr Anil Kumar in bringing this course.
- Overall the course content was good and also helped us in learning some good stuff and had nice time with an experienced person.
Embedded Linux Class by Mark A. Yoder