BeagleBoard.org Summer of Code
This is the BeagleBoard specific page for Google Summer of Code. Beagleboard.org has been accepted as a mentoring organization and is looking for students to submit applications for Beagleboard related projects.
Here are some links to help students with their applications:
Key Dates for 2011
- Mentoring organization application window March 8-12.
- Continue to provide your Ideas page updates right up to the March 18 publishing of accepted mentoring organizations.
- Student discussion window March 18-March 29.
- Student application deadline April 9.
- Student ranking/scoring deadline April 21.
- Accepted proposals published April 26.
- Students and mentors work together on refining the task definition and solution April 26-May 24.
- First half project execution May 24-July 12.
- Mid-term evaluations due July 16.
- Second half project execution July 13-August 9.
- Final evaluations due August 20.
- Mentoring organizations application window is March 11-17.
- Continue to provide your Ideas page updates right up to the March 18-27 publishing of accepted mentoring organizations.
- Student discussion window March 28-April 8.
- Student application window April 8.
- Mentors review and rank student proposals before April 22.
1. All mentors must be signed up and all student proposals matched with a mentor - 07:00 UTC 2. Student ranking/scoring deadline. Please do not add private comments with a nonzero score or mark students as ineligible (unless doing so as part of resolving duplicate accepted students) after this deadline - 17:00 UTC 3. IRC meeting to resolve any outstanding duplicate accepted students - 19:00 UTC #gsoc
April 25: 19:00 UTC
Accepted student proposals announced on the Google Summer of Code 2011 site. Community Bonding Period:
Students get to know mentors, read documentation, get up to speed to begin working on their projects. May 23:
1. Students begin coding for their GSoC projects; 2. Google begins issuing initial student payments provided tax forms are on file and students are in good standing with their communities.
Mentors give students a helping hand and guidance on their projects. July 11: 19:00 UTC
Mentors and students can begin submitting mid-term evaluations. July 15: 19:00 UTC
1. Mid-term evaluations deadline; 2. Google begins issuing mid-term student payments provided passing student survey is on file.
Mentors give students a helping hand and guidance on their projects. August 15:
Suggested 'pencils down' date. Take a week to scrub code, write tests, improve documentation, etc. August 22: 19:00 UTC
Firm 'pencils down' date. Mentors, students and organization administrators can begin submitting final evaluations to Google. August 26: 19:00 UTC
1. Final evaluation deadline 2. Google begins issuing student and mentoring organization payments provided forms and evaluations are on file.
Final results of GSoC 2011 announced August 30:
Students can begin submitting required code samples to Google October 22 & 23:
Mentor Summit at Google: Representatives from each successfully participating organization are invited to Google to greet, collaborate and code. Our mission for the weekend: make the program even better, have fun and make new friends.
- BeagleBoard GSoC mailing list - potential students sign up here to discuss ideas with mentors.
- Meeting minutes
- Summer of Code Ideas
- Our application to become a mentoring organization. Application
- Jason's e-mail about the GSoC 2009 application feedback
- FOSDEM video from 2009 about the Summer of Code
- BeagleBoard GSoC flyer/poster for promotion