BeagleBoard.org Summer of Code
Prospective mentors are requested to assist with the ideas page, add themselves to the list, join the mailing list and contact Jason Kridner to be invited to be a mentor on Google's tool.
Students are requested to engage possible mentors and may begin submitting applications for BeagleBoard related projects starting now. We had great success with our projects in 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 and we want 2018 to be out of this world.
Students - Please engage with us now to help make your application strong!
Here are some links to help students with their applications:
- Current ideas page: Project Ideas for 2019
- BeagleBoard GSoC Group on Google
- Past ideas pages: 2009 2010 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018
- Past projects: 2010 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018
Key Dates for 2019
- January 15, 2019 - Mentoring organizations can begin submitting applications to Google
- February 6, 2019 - Mentoring organization application deadline
- February 26, 2019 - List of accepted mentoring organizations published
- March 25, 2019 - Student application period begins
- April 9, 2019 - Student application deadline
- May 6, 2019 - Accepted student proposals announced
- May 27, 2019 - Coding officially begins!
- June 24, 2019 - Mentors and students can begin submitting Phase 1 evaluations
- June 28, 2019 - Phase 1 Evaluation deadline
- July 22, 2019 - Mentors and students can begin submitting Phase 2 evaluations
- July 26, 2019 - Phase 2 Evaluation deadline
- August 26, 2019 - Students submit their final work product and their final mentor evaluation
- Sept 2, 2019 - Mentors submit final student evaluations
- Sept 3, 2019 - Final results of Google Summer of Code 2019 announced
- October, 2019 - Mentor Summit at Google
- BeagleBoard GSoC mailing list - potential students sign up here to discuss ideas with mentors.
- Meeting minutes
- Summer of Code Ideas
- Our application to become a mentoring organization. Application
- Jason's e-mail about the GSoC 2009 application feedback
- FOSDEM video from 2009 about the Summer of Code
- BeagleBoard GSoC flyer/poster for promotion