Give-away one BeagleBoard Rev C1 to winner and another to the runner-up. Judges will determine criteria and won't be eligible for winning the contest. Final submission required by January 5, 2009. (Final date to be approved by judges.)
- Judges cannot participate in the contest.
- The ruling of the judges is final. Jason Kridner will determine when the ruling of the judges has been provided.
- Points categories must be approved by positive votes from a majority of the judges. Points based on the criteria will be awarded by each judge and then averaged to rank the entries.
- Qualification categories must be approved by positive votes from a majority of the judges. Qualification of entries will be based on the qualification categories and will be confirmed by positive votes from a majority of the judges.
- Jason Kridner will be responsible for getting the boards to the winner and runner-up. Recipients must meet US export control requirements.
- Individuals are limited to a single entry, but may include as many demonstrations as desired within that entry.
- Jason Kridner (jkridner)
- Koen Kooi (koen)
- Dirk Behme (dirk2)
- Steve Sakoman (sakoman)
- Hunyue Yau (ds2)
- Mans Rullgard (mru)
- Robert Kuhn (robertk)
Approved criteria and weight (points)
Wishlist judging criteria
- All new content must be open source as determined by the OSI.
- Submission should be in the form of a <1GB 'dd' image for an SD card.
- Stable musb
- ISOCH support
- High-speed USB TV tuner support
- Hot-plug support for OTG (host and client)
- EHCI support
- Angstrom recipe for image
- Documentation for demo
- SD image for demo
- Running power consumption
- Use of DSP
- Use of SGX
- Audio record
- Latest kernel version
- USB camera support
- gspca driver - need to validate with multiple cameras
- UVC driver
- USB support in u-boot
- Fixing bugs listed on code.google.com
- Ease of use
- USB Digital TV tuner (either ATSC or DVB-T)
- Hauppauge HVR950 suggested as reference
- Projection TV coupled with the Pico
- Consumer IR remote control via LIRC
- IRC Log of discussion: http://www.beagleboard.org/irclogs/index.php?date=2008-12-18#T18:40:58