Difference between revisions of "Beagleboard:Caraneacancape"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
The Cape provides a . . , the of the to . The -. and , which the a .
Revision as of 23:07, 7 May 2016
The Caranea Can Cape provides a CAN Bus and a internal power supply of 7-40V to run the BeagleBoardBlack as a CarComputer directly connected to the OBD II Port. You need a DB-9 to OBD II adapter cable to connect the Caranea Can Cape to the car. Be careful, never use again the internal 5V power supply of the BeagleBord anymore. The CAN Bus transceiver uses only one CAN channel and converts data from standard UART communication (RXD/TXD) to CAN communication (CANH/CANL). The CAN Bus operates under the J-2285 Protocol and can be wired like in table Adapter. With the internal Linux Driver you are up and running to build your own Application to communicate with the car. We also provide you with a much more complex software, which can extract all the data from car via a web service. For more information check our webpage Caranea.
Please visit our Caranea page for additional help.
Initial release of Caranea Can Cape
- Caranea Can Cape is supported by Angstrom release 06-18-12 onward.
- Major BeagleBone image releases can be downloaded here.
- Intermediate BeagleBone image releases can be downloaded here
- A Caranea Can Cape
- A BeagleBone (with supported software)
- DB-9 to OBD II Cable
Following the instructions below to start using your Caranea Can Cape:
- Mount the Caranea Can Cape to the connectors of the BeagleBone Black.
- Don't plug in a 5V DC power supply to the DC connector, use only 12V power supply via DB-9.
- Copy “CANCAPE-00A0.dtbo” file into /lib/firmware
- echo CANCAPE > /sys/devices/bone_capemgr.9/slots
- Type dmesg and you should see: mcp251x spi1.0: mode 0, irq 259, awake 1, clkout 1, oscillator freq 16000000 mcp251x spi1.0 can1: probed
- After you have to bring CAN0 interface up: ip link set can0 type can bitrate 125000, ip link set can0 up
You can start using the board.
Followings are some specifications of the Caranea Can Cape:
|Power||7-42V via OBD II|
|CAN||1 CAN Bus Transreceiver|
|Size||4.00" x 2.50"|
System Reference Manual
To go back to the cape list, please click here