The BeagleBone LCD3 Cape provides a portable LCD solution with touchscreen capability for BeagleBone boards. The 3.5" TFT LCD screen, attached to the topside of the board, can display up to a resolution of 320x240 and is a 4-wire resistive touchscreen. The board is equipped with seven switches located at finger-friendly positions. These switches include power, reset, and five user switches, which are mapped to different GPIO signals. The backside of the cape is where a BeagleBone can be mounted.
Please visit our Caranea page for additional help.
Initial release of Caranea Can Cape
- Caranea Can Cape is supported by Angstrom release 06-18-12 onward.
- Major BeagleBone image releases can be downloaded here.
- Intermediate BeagleBone image releases can be downloaded here
- A Caranea Can Cape
- A BeagleBone (with supported software)
- DB-9 to OBD II Cable
Following the instructions below to start using your Caranea Can Cape:
- Mount the Caranea Can Cape to the connectors of the BeagleBone Black.
- Don't plug in a 5V DC power supply to the DC connector, use only 12V power supply via DB-9.
- Copy “CANCAPE-00A0.dtbo” file into /lib/firmware
- echo CANCAPE > /sys/devices/bone_capemgr.9/slots
- Type dmesg and you should see: mcp251x spi1.0: mode 0, irq 259, awake 1, clkout 1, oscillator freq 16000000 mcp251x spi1.0 can1: probed
- After you have to bring CAN0 interface up: ip link set can0 type can bitrate 125000, ip link set can0 up
You can start using the board.
Followings are some specifications of the Caranea Can Cape:
|Power||7-42V via OBD II|
|CAN||1 CAN Bus Transreceiver|
|Size||4.00" x 2.50"|
System Reference Manual
To go back to the cape list, please click here