Board and Chip Vendors
This page has a list of the companies or organizations that make processors or boards for embedded products. If you are looking for companies who sell Linux software or Linux-related services, see the Vendors page. If you are looking for companies who sell end-user products based on Linux, see Companies. If you are looking for information about specific development boards, see Category:Development Boards
- AMCC - Applied Micro Circuits Corporation
- makes embedded PowerPC processors??
- acquired ATI and now produces MIPS-based embedded processors (Xilleon series)
- Also, used to make Geode chip
- Analog Devices - Wikipedia entry
- ARM - Wikipedia entry
- affordable ARM boards (Freescale i.MX + Xilinx Spartan FPGA)
- Armadeus started as a community project
- Atmel - Wikipedia entry
- Bluetechnix makes tiny Blackfin modules to simplify custom board development
- Broadcom - makes ARM chips for mobile phone market
- CALAO Systems sells tiny and cheap ARM based boards
- Cambridge Signal Processing makes tiny Blackfin modules to simplify custom board development
- C Data Solutions makes tiny Blackfin modules to simplify custom board development
- Cirrus Logic - Wikipedia entry
- Cirrus Logic makes ep93xx and ep73xx 32-bit ARM-based Microcontrollers
- Embest sales SOC8200 Single Board Computer Based On TI AM3517，256MB DDR2 SDRAM + 256MB NandFlash + 4MB NorFlash. Support UARTs, RS485, CAN, Ethernet, 2 USB Host, USB Device, Camera...China Website English Website
- Embest sales OMAP35x Board DevKit8000，The Chinese BeagleBoard，256MB DDR SDRAM + 256MB NandFlash，Fully compatible with BeagleBoard source.China Website English Website
- EFlag Tech does custom Blackfin platform designs (software and hardware)
- eInfochips - The Solution People Open-RD based platform
- Elphel, Inc provide high performance Network Cameras based on Free Software and Hardware designs. Axis EtraxFS & Spartan 3e 1200k gates FPGA.
- Freescale Semiconductor - Wikipedia entry
- Freescale makes the MX31 ARM11-based processor (and associated development boards), among others.
- Freescale makes several PPC-based processors (and associated development boards) as well.
- Gumstix sells various very small processor and add-on boards. Especially interesting for robotics related projects.
- Hua Heng Tech does custom Blackfin platform designs (software and hardware)
- HV Sistemas S.L. makes tiny Blackfin modules to simplify custom board development
- Marvell sells a lot of ARM chips.
- NEC - makes ARM chips, used to make lots of MIPS chips
- Qualcomm - makes multicore ARM MSM products that support Linux
- Their Snapdragon platform provides a 1GHz ARM core and advanced DSP.
- Renesas Technology - Wikipedia entry
- Renesas makes the SuperH, M32R, and H8 RISC CPUs, the RX CISC CPUs, and others.
- Samsung - makes ARM processors
- SiRF - Makes besides GPS products also ARM based SoC for location aware devices, like the ARM9 based Atlas III (codename) at4x0a and the ARM11 based SiRFPrima.
- ST-Ericsson make mobile platforms for handset form factors and similar, typically ARM based with cellular modems.
- Sunplus is a company specialising in chips for multimedia and mobile applications. One of their interesting chips is the Sunplus SPMP3050A which is used in MP4 players.
- Surveyor Corporation makes Blackfin based robot modules for academics, hobbyists, and professionals
- Expandable and fully customizable ARM system modules and interface boards
- Embedded x86 boards with coreboot and linux core extensions
- Texas Instruments - Wikipedia entry