Revision as of 06:51, 20 September 2013 by Balister (The Yocto Project is an umbrella project, not a build system)
- Open Embedded - System for building full embedded images from scratch (The Yocto Project build system)
- Buildroot - Easy-to-use embedded Linux build system
- Linux From Scratch
- LTIB - Linux Target Image Builder (by Stuart Hughes of FreeScale) - see http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/ltib
- OpenBricks - Embedded Linux Framework
- OpenBricks provides a set of packages, patches and shell-based rules that creates a toolchain and a rootfs with customized packages and features selection.
- Currently supports x86_32, x86_64, PowerPC, PowerPC64 and ARM architectures with either uClibc, Glibc or eGlibc C library.
- Building Embedded Userlands - Presentation by Ned Miljevic & Klaas van Gend at the ELC 2008 which compares different configuration and build systems. Video of the conference available.
- Scratchbox Cross-Compilation Toolkit, with support for x86 and arm.
- OpenWRT Cross-Compilation Toolkit mainly geared towards wireless routers but can be extended to other platforms, with support for x86, MIPS and ARM.
See also Toolchains