Buildroot Developers Meeting, 21-22 October 2017, Prague
Location and date
The Buildroot community is organizing a meeting on October 21st and 22nd 2017 in Prague (Czech Republic), for Buildroot developers and contributors. This meeting will be a mixture of discussion and hacking session around the Buildroot project. This meeting takes place right before the Embedded Linux Conference Europe in order to make it easy for participants to attend both events. It is not mandatory to attend both days of the meeting.
The meeting will take place at the MacGyver Hackerspace, located Chaloupeckého 1916/5, 160 17 Praha 6-Břevnov-Praha 6. Place is easily accesible by three busses (from Charles Square, from Andel metro station and from Dejvicka metro station) or by funicular. It is worth mentioning that many of the participants will be hosted near the ELCE conference location (Hilton Prague, Jurys Inn), and will be commuting each day to the hackerspace.
The meeting hours will be:
- Saturday: 9 AM to 6 PM, with a dinner for the participants
- Sunday: 9 AM to 6PM
MacGyver Hackerpace is located in student dormitory, which has gatekeeper by the entrance. To ensure smooth entry (gatekeepers speak only Czech), we will meet on Saturday at nine o'clock in front of the building (see photo). This is mainly to present our group to gatekeeper, so later admissions will be seamless. In the dormitory, hackerspace is located at the rear underground floor. To help you with the navigation through the building, "Buildroot" guiding arrows will be installed.
In case of a problem (with entrance or getting lost), don't hasitate to contact local organizer Petr Barton - phone number +420 775 two seven zero 1 1 1, mail xkralik (at) seznam (dot) cz.
Both wired connection and wifi is available. If you want to use wire, please bring your own ethernet cable, we may not have enough.
We would like to thank Mind, which is sponsoring the Sunday night dinner at Chabad Grill. Mind is the Embedded Software division of Essensium, which provides consultancy and services specifically in the field of Linux and Open Source SW for Embedded Systems.
We are still looking for a sponsor for the location and/or cover travel expenses for participants.
Attending the meeting is free of charge. Write your name below to register for the event.
We need a volunteer to bring coffee beans for the coffee machine! Please mark below if you are that volunteer.
- Thomas Petazzoni, arriving Friday at 22:25 at the airport, on flight SN2815, leaving on Thursday 26 at 18:55 from the airport, on flight LH1401
- Arnout Vandecappelle (arriving Friday evening, leaving Thursday morning, staying at Jurys Inn)
- Peter Korsgaard, arriving Friday afternoon, leaving Wednesday evening
- Yann E. MORIN, arriving Friday afternoon, leaving Thursday morning.
- will be coffee bearer
- Alexey Brodkin, arriving Friday noon, attending both days of the meeting
- Erico Nunes, attending both Saturday and Sunday
- Baruch Siach, arriving Friday noon, attending the second day of the meeting
- Luca Ceresoli, attending only Sunday since ~15:00
- Support for "language" package managers [Arnout]
- Evaluation of LTS releases [Arnout]
- Fix gitlab [Arnout]
- Work on grub2 (rework ARM support, rework grub2-tools package split) [Erico]
- Other possible work: - EFI related stuff, building EFI firmware for testing with qemu - Supporting Secure Boot, do we care? - Finish and submit assorted unfinished patches [Erico]
- Top-level parallel build: mainly working on the topic, or perhaps discussing existing patches from Gustavo [Thomas]
- Patch backlog reduction [Thomas]
- Get feedback on minimal genimage Config.in options: http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/805170/ and http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/805171/ [Thomas]
- openssl/libressl virtual package [Arnout]