Buildroot Developers Meeting, 4-6 February 2019, Brussels
The Buildroot Developers meeting is a 3-day event for Buildroot developers and contributors. It allows Buildroot developers and contributors to discuss the hot topics in the Buildroot development, work on patches, and generally meet each other, facilitating further online discussions. Attending the event is free, after registration.
Location and date
The next Buildroot Developers meeting will take place on February 4th, 5th and 6th 2019 in Brussels, right after the FOSDEM conference. The meeting will take place in Google offices, located Chaussée d'Etterbeek 180, 1040 Brussels, very close to the Schuman metro station.
We would like to thank our sponsors:
- Google, providing the meeting location, with Internet connection, but also free lunch and refreshments for the meeting participants.
- Thomas Petazzoni, arrives Friday 1 at 19:55 at BRU, leaves Wednesday 6 at 21:05 from BRU
- Peter Korsgaard
- Arnout Vandecappelle
- Yann E. MORIN, arrives Friday 1 at 19:55 at BRU, leaves Wednesday 6 at 21:05 from BRU
- Matt Weber (via IRC / Google Hangout)
- Angelo Compagnucci
- Mark Corbin
- Thomas De Schampheleire (physically present on Monday and Tuesday, may join remotely on Wednesday)
- Titouan Christophe (Monday only)
- Buildroot Association General Assembly
- Download infra
- source-check revival
- git backend:
- How to deal with the reproducibility of tarballs that we create from Git repositories? We currently require a specific version of tar, and also a specific variant of gzip. Some people think this is becoming annoying. Arnout has proposed to hash the contents of tarballs instead of the tarballs themselves, by introducing a new type of hash. Yann disagrees. We need to discuss this to reach a consensus.
- Drop support for branches and other unstable refs
- Graphs: speed-ups by Yann
- Fix SDK: how to handle symlinks that point outside the SDK?