Buildroot Developers Meeting, 3-5 February 2020, Brussels
The Buildroot Developers meeting is a 3-day event for Buildroot developers and contributors. It allows Buildroot developers and contributors to discuss the hot topics in the Buildroot development, work on patches, and generally meet each other, facilitating further online discussions. Attending the event is free, after registration. The Buildroot project has some travel funding for participants who would like to attend but cannot due to financial constraints.
Location and date
The next Buildroot Developers meeting will take place on February 3-5 2020 in Brussels, right after the FOSDEM conference. The meeting will take place in Google offices, located Chaussée d'Etterbeek 180, 1040 Brussels, very close to the Schuman metro station.
We would like to thank our sponsors:
- Google, providing the meeting location, with Internet connection.
- Thomas Petazzoni
- Peter Korsgaard
- Angelo Compagnucci
- Arnout Vandecappelle
- Titouan Christophe
- Heiko Thiery (till Tuesday afternoon)
- Adam Duskett
- Michael Walle (till Tuesday afternoon)
- Thomas De Schampheleire (will be physically present on Tuesday and Wednesday only; could join remotely on Monday)
- Mark Corbin
- Yann E. MORIN
- Romain Naour
- Jochen Baltes (till Tuesday afternoon)
- Autobuilder stats and dashboarding with Grafana (Titouan)
- Continue Python2 deprecation (Titouan)
- Rust/cargo download infrastructure: ripgrep currently does downloads during the build
- Approach similar to what was discussed for Go?
- Patch backlog management: shall we experiment with Merge Requests on gitlab? (Arnout)
- Why? Is faster because the .gitlab-ci.yml checks are already executed, and for a bigger series of simple patches it reduces the time for review+merge from 30 minutes to 10 minutes.
- Proposal: try it out with a few well-known developers, and only for "low-hanging fruit" series.
- Thomas: nooooo :-)
- Peter: I am also not really convinced
- Status of top-level parallel build support, where do we go from there