Buildroot Developer Days, 6-8 February 2023, Brussels
The Buildroot Developer Days is a 3-day event for Buildroot developers and contributors. It allows Buildroot developers and contributors to discuss the hot topics in the Buildroot development, work on patches, and generally meet each other, facilitating further online discussions. Attending the event is free, after registration.
Location and date
The next Buildroot Developers meeting will take place on February 6, 7, 8 (Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday), right after the FOSDEM 2023. You don't have to participate to all days of the meeting: you can attend just on Monday, or just Monday/Tuesday if you'd like.
- Thomas Petazzoni, on all 3 days
- Peter Korsgaard, on all 3 days
- Arnout Vandecappelle, on all 3 days
- Romain Naour, on all 3 days
- Yann E. MORIN, on all 3 days (arrives: BRU airport, 2023-02-03 19:55; departs: BRU airport, 2023-02-08 21:05)
- Vincent Fazio, on all 3 days
- Sebastian Weyer, on all 3 days
- Jordan Speicher, on all 3 days
- Heiko Thiery, at least 1 day
- Michael Walle, at least 1 day
- Jochen Baltes, at least 1 day
- Angelo Compagnucci, 2 days
Who can attend ?
This meeting is opened to all Buildroot users and developers. The event is free. However, we make it clear that it is not a training event about Buildroot aimed at newcomers. It is a meeting for Buildroot developers to make progress about various topics in Buildroot. It is recommended to already be a Buildroot contributor or an existing Buildroot user willing to become a contributor to participate to the event.
Agenda of topics
- General Assembly of the Buildroot Association
- New application for presenting pkg-stats data based on flask (http://packages.buildroot.thiery.it/)
- Download infrastructure
- Downloading from forge-autogenerated archives (i.e the 30 Jan. Github fiasco, see https://github.blog/changelog/2023-01-30-git-archive-checksums-may-change/ and https://lwn.net/Articles/921787/)
- Vendoring: origianl archive is extracted without being checked - extraction and vendoring are done on unverified data
- Bug 2038 (First try: https://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=dd170f0cbad729dba4193b2b20e3de0a7010d485)
- Going through the patchwork backlog of patches