CELF BOF and Plenary 2009
This page describes the CELF Bird's-of-a-Feather meeting and Plenary meeting.
This meeting will consist of a reception, lightning discussions, and general mingling, followed by a formal CELF Plenary meeting.
Members of the public are welcome to attend the BOF and reception, while members of the forum (employees of CELF members companies) may attend the Plenary meeting.
The BOF and reception starts at 19:00 (7:00 pm) and runs to 20:30. There will be light snacks and drinks served, and an opportunity to present lightning talks.
Lightning talks are short (5 minutes or less) presentations or discussions on any subject of interest. At previous BOFs, these have been descriptions of project status, or demonstrations of interesting technology.
If you would like to sign up for a lightning talk, please add your name, e-mail and topic to the table below.
Note: Please put your e-mail address in non-harvestable format (like: tim.bird (at) am.sony dot com)
|Presenter||Lightning talk topic|
|Joe Coder||joe at foo.org||Examples of How to Add Lightning Talk Entries|
contact: Satoru.Ueda at jp dot sony dot com
|Messages to Linux and OSS developers from view point of Android Developer Contest Finalist (TBD)|
The Plenary meeting will consist of presentations about the status of the CE Linux Forum, with the Chair of the Architecture Group (Tim Bird) and the Director of the Forum Office (Paul Lanning) reporting.
This meeting is limited to members of the CE Linux Forum only. You do not need to have registered with the forum to attend. If you are employed by a member company, or are a Special Supporting Member, or Contractor of the forum or other forum-affiliated party, you may attend this meeting.
For a list of member companies, please see: http://www.celinux.org/membership_list/
Directions to Meeting-place Hotel
A map of access to the hotel is available at:
- File:Print HotelJyurakuMap LRs.pdf (From main venue of Japan Linux Symposium)
- Take JR Line for Tokyo (Narita Express), then...
- transfer to Yamanote or Keihin-Tohoku line north bound to Akihabara Station, OR
- transfer to Chuo line to Ochanomizu station
both are just few minutes ride.
If it is commuter time (7am to 10am / 5pm to 8pm) I highly recommend you to take taxi from Tokyo station which may cost around 1000 Yen.
- Take Keisei Line for Keisei-Ueno (Skyliner), then...
- Transfer at Nippori station to south bound of Yamanote or Keihin-Tohoku line to Akihabara station. It is just few minutes ride, OR
- Take taxi at Keisei-Ueno Station, the final stop. It may cost about 1000 Yen.
- Take monorail to Hamamatsucho station and transfer to Yamanote or Keihintohoku line north bound to Akihabara Station. It is about 10 minutes ride.