Category:BeagleBoard Expansion Boards
This page lists expansion boards for the BeagleBoard single-board computer. Most of these boards make use of one of the BeagleBoard's expansion headers. Like the BeagleBoard itself, many of these boards are Open Hardware, with schematics or board designs freely available. For more information on creating expansion boards, see BeagleBoard Hardware Interfacing.
General-Purpose Expansion Boards
- TinCanTools Trainer Board
I2C (+3.3 V or +5 V), SPI (+3.3 V), GPIO (+3.3 V), prototyping area, Arduino-compatible ATmega328 connected via UART $59.00
- TinCanTools Zippy
MMC slot, 10BaseT Ethernet, RS-232, I2C (+5 V), battery-backed RTC, AT24 EEPROM, $79.00
- TinCanTools Barker is a Zippy with CAN instead of Ethernet
- BeagleBoard Tracker is a Xilinx Spartan 3A FPGA connected directly to the Beagle expansion connector.
- BeagleBoard Bug Adapter board
- Beaglebot uses a custom board which provides power, level shifters, and PWM control of 5 hobby servos.
- This robot has a simple expansion board which includes power regulation and PWM motor drivers.
Cameras and Imaging
- The Leopard Board functions as a webcam
LCD Expansion Boards
Rev C2 and later boards provide direct access to the LCD lines before they enter the DVI framer via the LCD header, enabling expansion boards which interface directly with LCD panels.
- Interfacing BeagleBoard to Raw LCD
- dvi2par cheap DIY HDMI-to-parallel converter
- Openmoko Beagle Hybrid
LCD adapter for an Openmoko 2.8" VGA touchscreen, GPS and other sensors used to demonstrate software on OMAP3
- NAXING Electronics BeadaFrame 7" LCD display kit
800x480 TFT LCD resistive touchscreen with backlight control and plastic frame
- Chalkboard Electronics LVDS LCD add-on board]
Available in a bundle with a 10" LCD touchscreen
- HY Research LCD touch screen interface boards
Available in bundles with 4.3" and 7" LCD touchscreens
Some expansion boards include Arduino-compatible Atmel microcontrollers:
- The TinCanTools Trainer Board has an Arduino compatible Atmel AVR on board
- Arduino Nano uses an FTDI FT-232 based interface which is supported by the ftdi_sio kernel driver- How To Notes
- Arduino Uno uses a Atmel ATmega8U2 based interface which is supported by the cdc_acm kernel driver - How To Notes
Pages in category "BeagleBoard Expansion Boards"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- BBB Audio Cape RevB Getting Started
- BBB RS232 Cape RevB Getting Started
- BeagleBoard Barker
- BeagleBoard Hardhat
- BeagleBoard Showdog
- BeagleBoard Tracker
- BeagleBoard Trainer
- BeagleBoard Zippy
- BeagleBoard Zippy2
- BeagleBoardToys/BeagleBone TiWi-5E w/ EXT. Antenna
- BeagleBoardToys/Reprogram ULCD7 Lite EEPROM