This page provides information about companies that build and sell consumer electronics devices with Linux as their operating system or that offer Linux software development services. If you're looking for companies that build and sell Linux distributions for embedded devices or who provide services around embedded Linux, please see the Vendors page.
You may also want to look at the Source code download sites page, which has a list of places to get open source software from different companies.
- Acme Systems srl
- Adeneo Embedded
- Expertise for embedded linux system development Adeneo Embedded is actively involved in the open source community. With 15 years in the worldwide embedded environment Adeneo Embedded supported OEMs from small companies to Fortune 500 multinational companies on embedded Linux development challenges. (Linux turnkey solution from low level to embedded application development)
- Aldebaran Robotics
- Armadeus Systems
- BairesDev is the fastest-growing Technology Solutions company in Latin America. We provide end-to-end software delivery for companies of all sizes, from startups to some of the biggest companies in the world, including Google, Rolls-Royce, Pinterest, EY, SiriusXM, Motorola, Viacom, among others.
- Bluewater Systems
- Beyond Semiconductor an obscure Slovenian company licensing processor cores using own BA1 and BA2 instruction set. If you happen to find something like Beyond BA14 or Beyond BA25 in some random device you know where it came from.
- CALAO Systems
- Open Source consulting company with extensive work on graphics, and the upstream Linux kernel.
- CompuLab Ltd.
- Crank Software
- Crystalfontz America, Inc.
- e-con Systems™ is a OEM Cameras manufacturing company with the sole motive to help customers to speed up the time to market. With 17+ years of experience and deep expertise in embedded vision, e-con Systems™ also provides customization services and end to end integration support to meet your applications’ unique requirements.
- Embest provides standard single board computers and custom modules based on different ARM processors from Atmel, Freescale, NXP, Samsung, STMicroelectronics and Texas Instruments for embedded applications
- emtrion GmbH - Provider of embedded Computer Modules and Single Board Computers based on ARM processors - Made in Germany
- Electronic Engineering Solutions
- egnite GmbH produces the development boards of the Ethernut project.
- Elphel, Inc provide high performance Network Cameras based on Free Software and Hardware designs. Axis EtraxFS & Spartan 3e 1200k gates FPGA.
- einfochips - The Solution People
- Elk Audio Custom distribution for low-latency audio
- Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES) - embedded computing hardware provider
- Forlinx provides standard ARM embedded single board computer/development board and provide customize service to clients for embedded applications or solutions
- GlobalScale Technologies hardware and software design
- hardkernel - Korean company producing
- ODROID line of development boards
- HITEG LTD - Company focus on embedded board,single board computer
- iCube obscure Chinese company
- Inforce Computing - a leading provider of application-ready embedded computing hardware platforms based on the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ family of processors.
- KOAN sas
- LanMusic: Linux based Internet radio player for Hotels and home users
- Lemote Chinese company selling various products based on the Loongson processor.
- Linutronix GmbH Industrial embedded Linux support. Uhldingen-Mühlhofen, Germany.
- Logic Supply and visit inspire.logicsupply.com for BeagleBone Black tutorials and resources.
- moblin.org - Home of Intel's "Mobile Linux" distribution and tools
- MYIR Tech Limited
- ARM Development Boards, Single Board Computers, CPU Modules based on Microchip (Atmel), NXP, TI and Xilinx processors
- Custom Design Services based on ARM processors
- Magneto IT Solutions
- Magneto is an award-winning eCommerce agency. Our core competencies lie in developing market-leading end-to-end B2C, B2B eCommerce solutions development, ERP, CRM integration & Digital Marketing.
- Using our resource strength of 90+, we help our clients scale their eCommerce businesses by implementing ground-breaking Digital eCommerce solutions.
- We are closely working with eCommerce ventures since 2011 and he has helped 200+ brands for building/improving their online ventures in the area of UI/ UX, Development, Launching, Revenue Enhancement, Marketing strategy, and much more and 90% of ventures are generating very good revenue.
- Neuros Technology - Wikipedia entry
- Nokia - Wikipedia entry
- NVIDIA Corporation - Wikipedia entry
- NXP Semiconductors - Wikipedia entry
- Parkhelp: System that helps users locate parking spaces effectively using a system of Linux based embedded guided information
- ProFUSION embedded systems
- Secure Computing - Wikipedia entry
- Semihalf Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, U-Boot, UEFI, OpenDataPlane, DPDK. Based in Kraków, Poland.
- SnapGear family of products
- Simtec Electronics - Hardware and Software design
- Timll A Chinese company focused on providing standard single board computer and custom modules for ARM embedded applications
- TechnologicSystems at http://embeddedarm.com
- Tk Open Systems BSP's-R-Us, also drivers, even some user-space stuff
- TomTom Wikipedia entry
- Toradex Embedded Computer Modules
- VIA Embedded is a division of VIA Technologies, Inc., developing embedded x86 and ARM boards and systems, and providing hardware and software customization services.
- Wacom - is a world-wide company that produces graphics tablets and related products. Wacom's OEM sensor technology has been used by many major Tablet PC vendors. A detailed list of Wacom products and their histories can also be found at WikiWacom.
- Wilibox - specializes on embedded Linux based software platform and Wi-Fi stack for common access point and router hardware mostly for large scale networks. Productst and technologies can be found at: http://www.wilibox.com/products/software-and-hardware
Instructions for submitters
Please add company names in alphabetical order, and follow the existing format. Make a link from your company name to your main web site. If you have a wikipedia entry, please link that as well. If you would like to, you may list a few of your Linux-based products, but please don't go overboard.