Difference between revisions of "Display a Raspbian desktop on Android using VNC"
(VNC is not X11)
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
Revision as of 08:08, 18 July 2015
Virtual Network Computing (VNC) can be used as a client/server windowing system to display e.g. a Raspbian desktop on Android.
- Install an RPi VNC Server on a Raspberry Pi (apt-get install tightvncserver)
- Install the "bVNC: Secure VNC Viewer" App on Android
Display a Raspbian desktop on Android
- Start the VNC server (type: tightvncserver) on Raspbian (choose credentials)
- Start bVNC on Android (use credentials)
Your session keeps on running even after the network is disconnected.
- Verify the TCP port used by the VNC server (may vary)
- Take care to properly configure your firewall accordingly.
- You do not (normally) have a mouse on Android which can be unhandy; possibly a USB on-the-go cable hub could be a solution