Embedded Open Modular Architecture/EOMA68/MiniEngineeringBoard
Micro Board: Engineering, Engineering and Experimentation
This board's primary purpose is to provide a wide range of options for experimentation purposes, as well as an Open Platform for Free Software Development. It therefore includes a low-cost on-board ARM Cortex M3 Embedded Controller. A secondary purpose is for the Micro Board to make the development process of in-house designs a smoother and easier prospect.
The STM32F appears to be the best choice, for exactly the same reasons that Olimex chose the STM32F for their Olimexino. In large volume, the STM32F103RBT6 is around $USD 1.00 to 1.50, making it highly cost effective.
Components and Interfaces
The Micro-Board's Interfaces comprise:
- OMA-compliant PCMCIA Connector
- RJ45 for 10/100 Ethernet
- 2x USB2
- 5V Power Socket
- Expansion Header for access to the STM32F's features
- Expansion Header for pass-through access to 24-pin RGB/TTL, I2C and GPIO from the PCMCIA CPU Card
The ICs required include:
- a 4-port USB Hub, connecting the PCMCIA CPU Card and the STM32F
- a 3.3v LDO (and other Power Regulators)
- an STM32F103RBT6