Jetson AGX Xavier
NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier is an embedded system-on-module (SoM) from the NVIDIA AGX Systems family, including an integrated Volta GPU with Tensor Cores, dual Deep Learning Accelerators (DLAs), octal-core NVIDIA Carmel ARMv8.2 CPU, 16GB 256-bit LPDDR4x with 137GB/s of memory bandwidth, and 650Gbps of high-speed I/O including PCIe Gen 4 and 16 camera lanes of MIPI CSI-2.
Useful for deploying computer vision and deep learning to the edge, Jetson AGX Xavier runs Linux and provides 32 TeraOPS of compute performance in user-configurable 10/15/30W power profiles.
- 1 Jetson AGX Xavier Module
- 2 Jetson AGX Xavier Developer Kit
- 3 Platform Documentation
- 4 Guides and Tutorials
- 5 Ecosystem Products & Cameras
- 6 Getting Help
Jetson AGX Xavier Module
The Jetson AGX Xavier compute module contains all the active processing components. The I/O ports are broken out through a carrier board via a 699-pin board-to-board connector.
Below is a partial list of the module's features. Please see the Jetson AGX Xavier Module Datasheet for the complete specifications.
- Octal-core NVIDIA Carmel ARMv8.2 CPU @ 2.26GHz
- 512-core Volta GPU @ with 64 Tensor Cores
- Dual Deep Learning Accelerator (DLA) engines
- 32GB 256-bit LPDDR4x @ 2133MHz (137GB/s)
- 32GB eMMC 5.1
- Vision Accelerator engine
- (4x) 4Kp60 H.264/H.265 video encoder
- (2x) 8Kp30 / (6x) 4Kp60 H.265 video decoder
I/O Interfaces & Ports
- (16x) MIPI CSI-2 lanes, (8x) SLVS-EC lanes
- up to 6 active sensor streams and 36 virtual camera channels
- (5x) PCIe Gen 4 controllers | 1x8, 1x4, 1x2, 2x1
- (3x) Root Port & Endpoint
- (2x) Root Port
- (3x) USB 3.1 + (4x) USB 2.0
- (3x) eDP 1.4 / DP 1.2 / HDMI 2.0 @ 4Kp60
- 10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet + MAC + RGMII PHY
- Dual CAN bus controller
- UART, SPI, I2C, I2C, GPIOs
- 699-pin board-to-board connector
- dimensions: 100x87mm with 16mm Z-height
- Integrated Thermal Transfer Plate (TTP) with heatpipe
- -25C to 80C operating temperature
- 9.0-20VDC input power
JetPack release notes are here, and include version information for each of the JetPack components:
See the Jetson Zoo for more software packages to install on top of JetPack.
Jetson AGX Xavier Developer Kit
The Jetson AGX Xavier Developer Kit bundles together all the pre-assembled parts for developers to get started creating applications with Jetson AGX Xavier.
- Open-source reference carrier board (105x105mm)
- Integrated active thermal solution
- Jetson AGX Xavier compute module
- USB 3.0 Type-A to Type-C cable (for flashing)
- USB 2.0 OTG adapter
- 19V power supply
- AC power cable
The design files for the reference carrier board are freely available for download.
Ports & Connectors
The following I/O ports and mezzanines are provided on the devkit:
- PCIe Gen 4 x16 slot (PCIe x8 / SLVS x8)
- (2x) USB3.1 (DisplayPort optional) (Power Delivery optional)
- (16x) MIPI CSI-2 lanes (camera header)
- Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45)
- M.2 Key E site (PCIe x1 for Wi-Fi/LTE/5G)
- M.2 Key M site (NVMe x4)
- eSATAp + USB 3.0
- uSD/UFS card socket
- HDMI 2.0 Type A
- 40-pin GPIO header (UART, SPI, CAN, I2C, I2C, DMIC, GPIOs)
- HD Audio header
- 9.0-20VDC power barrel jack
- Get the latest development software for PC and Jetson AGX Xavier by using JetPack.
- Plug in an HDMI display into Jetson, attach the antennas and USB keyboard & mouse, and apply power to boot it up. (User Guide)
- Visit NVIDIA's Embedded Computing developer portal and the Jetson AGX Xavier Developer Forum to access the latest documentation & downloads.
- The devkit is available worldwide through NVIDIA's Jetson AGX Xavier Developer Kit webpage.
- Alternatively, use the Region Selector to find distributors of the devkit in your region.
- Pricing Information
- The MSRP of the Jetson AGX Xavier Developer Kit is $1,299 USD (prices may vary by region)
- Students, professors, and faculty members affiliated with academic institutions are eligible to receive an EDU discount at $899 USD (prices may vary by region)
NVIDIA has released comprehensive documentation and reference designs for Jetson AGX Xavier, available through the Jetson Downloads Center.
- Module Datasheet the official module features, ports, signal pin-out, and package specifications.
- Design Guide detailed technical design and layout information for creating OEM products.
- Thermal Design Guide mechanical specifications for designing active and passive cooling solutions.
- Camera Design Guide hardware design guide for creating MIPI CSI camera modules
- DevKit User Guide user manual for setting up, configuring, and using the devkit.
- DevKit Carrier Spec design info about the reference carrier board from the devkit.
- DevKit Design Files schematics, layout, and design files for the devkit reference carrier board.
- DevKit CAD Model 3D STEP file for reference carrier board, and heatsink
- Module CAD Model 3D STEP file for reference carrier board, and heatsink
- L4T Documentation documentation for L4T kernel and userspace tools.
- L4T Kernel Sources sources for L4T kernel for Jetson AGX Xavier
- Xavier SoC TRM Xavier Series (SoC) Technical Reference Manual
- Multimedia API Reference documentation to Argus camera API and V4L2 media codecs
- Accelerated GStreamer Guide example gstreamer pipelines for utilizing H.264/H.265 hardware video codec
- Supported Components List list of formally verified 3rd-party components qualified to work with Jetson AGX Xavier
- Pin and Function Names Guide mappings from SoC to SoM signal & pin names
- Jetson AGX Xavier Pinmux pin multiplexing device tree configuration spreadsheet
Above is a partial list of documents.
Please visit the Jetson Downloads Center for the full list that's currently available.
The following upcoming documents for Jetson AGX Xavier are being prepared by NVIDIA:
- Jetson AGX Xavier Battery and Charger Design Guide
- Jetson AGX Xavier Voltage and Current Monitor Configuration
- Jetson AGX Xavier Fuse Specification
- Jetson AGX Xavier Regulatory and Compliance Documents
Guides and Tutorials
This section contains recipes for following along on Jetson AGX Xavier.
- JetPack 4.2
- L4T R32.1 BSP
- BSP FAQ
- Installing with a VM
- Jetson AGX Xavier Build Assistant Scripts
- Creating Swap File
- Enabling PCIe Endpoint
- Enabling Remote Desktop
- Building OpenCV 4.0
- Clone & Restore
- Another alternative for cloning
- Run GPU at highest frequency by default
- Enable CAN on Jetson AGX Xavier
- Miscellaneous Interfaces Description
- GPIO Pinout Mapping
- Update Pinmux on Jetson AGX Xavier
- Check Pin Setting on Jetson AGX Xavier
- Device Trees of Jetson AGX Xavier
- Tegra Combined UART
- Automatic Power-Up / Boot
- Manually Controlling the Fan
- GPUDirect RDMA Sample
- jetson_easy - automatic setup/scripting
- jetson_stats - jtop, service and other tools
- TensorFlow 1.11 PIP wheels (for Jetson AGX Xavier / JetPack 4)
- TF-TRT Models (various TensorFlow models with TensorRT)
- Installing Caffe (install Caffe on Jetson AGX Xavier)
- Installing PyTorch (build procedure + PIP wheels for PyTorch)
- jetson-inference (training/deployment DL vision tutorial)
- jetson-inference-dev (DLA integration with TensorRT 5)
- RidgeRun's GstInference
- RidgeRun's R2Inference
- Gstreamer Pipelines for AGX Xavier
- RidgeRun's GstInterpipe (GStreamer plug-in for communication between two or more independent pipelines)
- RidgeRun's GstRRWebRTC (GStreamer plug-in that turns pipelines into WebRTC compliant endpoints)
- RidgeRun's GstRTSPSink (GStreamer element for high performance streaming to multiple computers using the RTSP/RTP protocols)
- RidgeRun's Gstreamer Daemon - GstD (GStreamer framework for controlling audio and video streaming using TCP connection messages)
- RidgeRun's GstCUDA (RidgeRun CUDA ZeroCopy for GStreamer)
- RidgerRun's GstPTZR (GStreamer Pan Tilt Zoom and Rotate Element)
- RidgeRun's GstColorTransfer (GStreamer plug-in that transfers the color scheme from a reference to a target image)
V4L2 drivers for cameras
- RidgeRun has a list of drivers already supported in Jetson, please check if the driver that you need is already there. Otherwise, RidgeRun offers services to create the driver for you
Ecosystem Products & Cameras
The following are 3rd-party accessories, cameras and carriers available for Jetson AGX Xavier.
- APPROPHO Xavier/TX2/TX1 sensor solutions
- D3 Engineering IMX390
- D3 Engineering FPD-Link III Interface Card
- D3 Engineering FPD-Link / GMSL2 Interface Card
- e-con Systems SurveilsQUAD - Synchronized Multi-Camera System for NVIDIA® Jetson AGX Xavier™ Developer Kit
- e-con Systems 3D MIPI Stereo camera for NVIDIA® Jetson AGX Xavier™/TX2
- e-con Systems USB Stereo Camera for NVIDIA® Jetson AGX Xavier™/TX2
- e-con Systems Synchronized Four Camera Board for Xavier
- e-con Systems Xavier Cameras
- Leopard Imaging Xavier Camera Kits
- Jetson TX1/TX2 OV5693 camera module
- Stereolabs ZED stereo camera
- Auvidea X200 (carrier)
- Auvidea X220 (carrier)
- ConnectTech Mimic (Xavier -> TX1/TX2 adapter)
- ConnectTech Rogue (carrier)
- ConnectTech Sentry-X (rugged enclosure)
- MiiVii Brain Apex (fanless enclosure)
- Syslogic RPC/COMPACTA-3 (IP67 enclosure)
- Syslogic IPC/COMPACTA-3 (railway enclosure)
- 3D-printable cover for Xavier devkit base (Youmagine)
- 3D-printable cover for Xavier devkit base (Thingiverse)
- 3D-printable Simple Xavier (enclosure with WiFi and Stereocamera stand)
- 3D-printable Xavier adapters (enclosure and PCIe covers)
- Sensoray 1012 8 channel mPCIe analogue video capture card.
- BeadaPanel USB Display+WiFi+Storage 3-In-1 Companion Kit
Note that many CSI cameras from the TX1/TX2 era may be compatible with Jetson AGX Xavier, those that are listed above have been confirmed to work by the community as of this time.
If you have a technical question or bug report, please visit the DevTalk Developer Forums and search or start a topic.