Jetson AGX Xavier
NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier is an embedded system-on-module (SoM) from the NVIDIA AGX Systems family, including an integrated Volta GPU with Tensor Cores, dual Deep Learning Accelerators (DLAs), octal-core NVIDIA Carmel ARMv8.2 CPU, 32GB 256-bit LPDDR4x with 137GB/s of memory bandwidth, and 650Gbps of high-speed I/O including PCIe Gen 4 and 16 camera lanes of MIPI CSI-2.
Useful for deploying computer vision and deep learning to the edge, Jetson AGX Xavier runs Linux and provides 32 TeraOPS of compute performance in user-configurable 10/15/30W power profiles.
- 1 Jetson AGX Xavier Module
- 2 Jetson AGX Xavier Developer Kit
- 3 Platform Documentation
- 4 Guides and Tutorials
- 5 Ecosystem Products & Cameras
- 6 Getting Help
Jetson AGX Xavier Module
The Jetson AGX Xavier compute module contains all the active processing components. The I/O ports are broken out through a carrier board via a 699-pin board-to-board connector.
Below is a partial list of the module's features. Please see the Jetson AGX Xavier Module Datasheet for the complete specifications.
- Octal-core NVIDIA Carmel ARMv8.2 CPU @ 2.26GHz
- 512-core Volta GPU @ with 64 Tensor Cores
- Dual Deep Learning Accelerator (DLA) engines
- 32GB 256-bit LPDDR4x @ 2133MHz (137GB/s)
- 32GB eMMC 5.1
- Vision Accelerator engine
- (4x) 4Kp60 H.264/H.265 video encoder
- (2x) 8Kp30 / (6x) 4Kp60 H.265 video decoder
I/O Interfaces & Ports
- (16x) MIPI CSI-2 lanes, (8x) SLVS-EC lanes
- up to 6 active sensor streams and 36 virtual camera channels
- (5x) PCIe Gen 4 controllers | 1x8, 1x4, 1x2, 2x1
- (3x) Root Port & Endpoint
- (2x) Root Port
- (3x) USB 3.1 + (4x) USB 2.0
- (3x) eDP 1.4 / DP 1.2 / HDMI 2.0 @ 4Kp60
- 10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet + MAC + RGMII PHY
- Dual CAN bus controller
- UART, SPI, I2C, I2C, GPIOs
- 699-pin board-to-board connector
- dimensions: 100x87mm with 16mm Z-height
- Integrated Thermal Transfer Plate (TTP) with heatpipe
- -25C to 80C operating temperature
- 9.0-20VDC input power
JetPack release notes are here, and include version information for each of the JetPack components:
See the Jetson Zoo for more software packages to install on top of JetPack.
Jetson AGX Xavier Developer Kit
The Jetson AGX Xavier Developer Kit bundles together all the pre-assembled parts for developers to get started creating applications with Jetson AGX Xavier.
- Open-source reference carrier board (105x105mm)
- Integrated active thermal solution
- Jetson AGX Xavier compute module
- USB 3.0 Type-A to Type-C cable (for flashing)
- USB 2.0 OTG adapter
- 19V power supply
- AC power cable
The design files for the reference carrier board are freely available for download.
Ports & Connectors
The following I/O ports and mezzanines are provided on the devkit:
- PCIe Gen 4 x16 slot (PCIe x8 / SLVS x8)
- (2x) USB3.1 (DisplayPort optional) (Power Delivery optional)
- (16x) MIPI CSI-2 lanes (camera header)
- Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45)
- M.2 Key E site (PCIe x1 for Wi-Fi/LTE/5G)
- M.2 Key M site (NVMe x4)
- eSATAp + USB 3.0
- uSD/UFS card socket
- HDMI 2.0 Type A
- 40-pin GPIO header (UART, SPI, CAN, I2C, I2C, DMIC, GPIOs)
- HD Audio header
- 9.0-20VDC power barrel jack
- Get the latest development software for PC and Jetson AGX Xavier by using JetPack.
- Plug in an HDMI display into Jetson, attach the antennas and USB keyboard & mouse, and apply power to boot it up. (User Guide)
- Visit NVIDIA's Embedded Computing developer portal and the Jetson AGX Xavier Developer Forum to access the latest documentation & downloads.
- The devkit is available worldwide through NVIDIA's Jetson AGX Xavier Developer Kit webpage.
- Alternatively, use the Region Selector to find distributors of the devkit in your region.
- Pricing Information
- The MSRP of the Jetson AGX Xavier Developer Kit is $699 USD (prices may vary by region)
NVIDIA has released comprehensive documentation and reference designs for Jetson AGX Xavier, available through the Jetson Downloads Center.
- Module Datasheet the official module features, ports, signal pin-out, and package specifications.
- Design Guide detailed technical design and layout information for creating OEM products.
- Thermal Design Guide mechanical specifications for designing active and passive cooling solutions.
- Camera Design Guide hardware design guide for creating MIPI CSI camera modules
- DevKit User Guide user manual for setting up, configuring, and using the devkit.
- DevKit Carrier Spec design info about the reference carrier board from the devkit.
- DevKit Design Files schematics, layout, and design files for the devkit reference carrier board.
- DevKit CAD Model 3D STEP file for reference carrier board, and heatsink
- Module CAD Model 3D STEP file for reference carrier board, and heatsink
- L4T Documentation documentation for L4T kernel and userspace tools.
- L4T Kernel Sources sources for L4T kernel for Jetson AGX Xavier
- Xavier SoC TRM Xavier Series (SoC) Technical Reference Manual
- Multimedia API Reference documentation to Argus camera API and V4L2 media codecs
- Accelerated GStreamer Guide example gstreamer pipelines for utilizing H.264/H.265 hardware video codec
- Supported Components List list of formally verified 3rd-party components qualified to work with Jetson AGX Xavier
- Pin and Function Names Guide mappings from SoC to SoM signal & pin names
- Jetson AGX Xavier Pinmux pin multiplexing device tree configuration spreadsheet
Above is a partial list of documents.
Please visit the Jetson Downloads Center for the full list available for Jetson AGX Xavier.
Guides and Tutorials
This section contains recipes for following along on Jetson AGX Xavier.
- L4T BSP
- BSP FAQ
- L4T BSP dev tips
- Installing with a VM
- Jetson AGX Xavier Build Assistant Scripts
- Creating Swap File
- Enabling PCIe Endpoint
- Enabling Remote Desktop
- Building OpenCV 4.0
- Clone & Restore
- Another alternative for cloning
- Run GPU at highest frequency by default
- Enable CAN on Jetson AGX Xavier
- Miscellaneous Interfaces Description
- GPIO Pinout Mapping
- Update Pinmux on Jetson AGX Xavier
- Check Pin Setting on Jetson AGX Xavier
- Device Trees of Jetson AGX Xavier
- Tegra Combined UART
- Automatic Power-Up / Boot
- Manually Controlling the Fan
- GPUDirect RDMA Sample
- jetson_easy - automatic setup/scripting
- jetson_stats - jtop, service and other tools
- Run Yocto Project on Jetson AGX Xavier
- TensorFlow 1.11 PIP wheels (for Jetson AGX Xavier / JetPack 4)
- TF-TRT Models (various TensorFlow models with TensorRT)
- Installing Caffe (install Caffe on Jetson AGX Xavier)
- Installing PyTorch (build procedure + PIP wheels for PyTorch)
- jetson-inference (training/deployment DL vision tutorial)
- jetson-inference-dev (DLA integration with TensorRT 5)
- RidgeRun's GstInference
- RidgeRun's R2Inference
- Gstreamer Pipelines for AGX Xavier
- RidgeRun's GstInterpipe (GStreamer plug-in for communication between two or more independent pipelines)
- RidgeRun's GstRRWebRTC (GStreamer plug-in that turns pipelines into WebRTC compliant endpoints)
- RidgeRun's GstRTSPSink (GStreamer element for high performance streaming to multiple computers using the RTSP/RTP protocols)
- RidgeRun's Gstreamer Daemon - GstD (GStreamer framework for controlling audio and video streaming using TCP connection messages)
- RidgeRun's GstCUDA (RidgeRun CUDA ZeroCopy for GStreamer)
- RidgerRun's GstPTZR (GStreamer Pan Tilt Zoom and Rotate Element)
- RidgeRun's GstColorTransfer (GStreamer plug-in that transfers the color scheme from a reference to a target image)
V4L2 drivers for cameras
- RidgeRun has a list of drivers already supported in Jetson, please check if the driver that you need is already there. Otherwise, RidgeRun offers services to create the driver for you
Ecosystem Products & Cameras
The following are 3rd-party accessories, cameras and carriers available for Jetson AGX Xavier.
See the Jetson Ecosystem directory for a full listing of Jetson ecosystem partners.
Please see Jetson Partner Supported Cameras for a full list of cameras compatible with the Jetson platform.
- e-con Systems e-CAM22_CUXVR - Sony® STARVIS™ IMX327 Ultra Low Light Full HD Camera for NVIDIA® Jetson AGX Xavier™
- e-con Systems e-CAM220_CUMI327_MOD - Full HD Sony® STARVIS™ IMX327 Ultra-Lowlight Camera Module
- e-con Systems STURDeCAM20_CUXVR - GMSL2 HDR Camera for Connect Tech's Jetson Xavier Rogue Carrier Board
- e-con Systems SurveilsQUAD - Synchronized Multi-Camera System for NVIDIA® Jetson AGX Xavier™
- e-con Systems QuadCamera - Synchronized Four Camera for NVIDIA® Jetson AGX Xavier™
- e-con Systems 3D MIPI Stereo camera for NVIDIA® Jetson AGX Xavier™/TX2
- e-con Systems USB Stereo Camera for NVIDIA® Jetson AGX Xavier™/TX2
- e-con Systems Xavier Cameras
- APPROPHO Xavier/TX2/TX1 sensor solutions
- D3 Engineering IMX390
- D3 Engineering FPD-Link III Interface Card
- D3 Engineering FPD-Link / GMSL2 Interface Card
- Leopard Imaging Xavier Camera Kits
- Jetson TX1/TX2 OV5693 camera module
- Stereolabs ZED stereo camera
- Auvidea X200 (carrier)
- Auvidea X220 (carrier)
- ConnectTech Mimic (Xavier -> TX1/TX2 adapter)
- ConnectTech Rogue (carrier)
- ConnectTech Sentry-X (rugged enclosure)
- MiiVii Apex Xavier (fanless enclosure with gmsl)
- MiiVii EVO Xavier (fanless enclosure)
- RapidProto Hazcam (IP40 enclosure)
- Syslogic RPC/COMPACTA-3 (IP67 enclosure)
- Syslogic IPC/COMPACTA-3 (railway enclosure)
- 3D-printable cover for Xavier devkit base (Youmagine)
- 3D-printable cover for Xavier devkit base (Thingiverse)
- 3D-printable Simple Xavier (enclosure with WiFi and Stereocamera stand)
- 3D-printable Xavier adapters (enclosure and PCIe covers)
- Sensoray 1012 8 channel mPCIe analogue video capture card.
- BeadaPanel USB Display+WiFi+Storage 3-In-1 Companion Kit
Note that many CSI cameras from the TX1/TX2 era may be compatible with Jetson AGX Xavier, those that are listed above have been confirmed to work by the community as of this time.
If you have a technical question or bug report, please visit the Jetson Developer Forums and search or start a topic.