NVIDIA's Jetson TX1 is an embedded system-on-module (SoM) with quad-core ARM Cortex-A57, 4GB LPDDR4 and integrated 256-core Maxwell GPU.
Useful for deploying computer vision and deep learning, Jetson TX1 runs Linux and provides 1TFLOPS of FP16 compute performance in 10 watts of power.
- 1 Jetson TX1 Module
- 2 Jetson TX1 Developer Kit
- 3 Platform Documentation
- 4 Guides and Tutorials
- 5 Ecosystem Products
- 6 Getting Help
Jetson TX1 Module
The Jetson TX1 module contains all the active processing components. The ports are broken out through a carrier board.
Below is a partial list of the module's features. Please see the Module Datasheet for the complete specifications.
- quad-core ARM Cortex-A57
- 256-core Maxwell GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4
- 16GB eMMC
- H.264/H.265 encoder & decoder
Ports & Peripherals
- HDMI 2.0
- 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0
- USB3, USB2
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 12 lanes MIPI CSI 2.0
- 4 lanes PCIe gen 2.0
- SATA, 2x SDcard
- 3x UART, 3x SPI, 4x I2C
- 400-pin Samtec board-to-board connector
- dimensions: 50x87mm (1.96" x 3.42")
- mass: 45 grams
- Thermal Transfer Plate (TTP), -25C to 85C operating temperature
- 5.5-19.6VDC input power (consuming 10-15W, under typical load)
Jetson TX1 Developer Kit
The Jetson TX1 Developer Kit bundles together all the parts to get started, including:
- mini-ITX Reference carrier board
- Jetson TX1 Module
- fan and heatsink (pre-assembled)
- 5MP CSI camera module (with Omnivision OV5693)
- WiFi/BT antennas
- USB OTG adapter
- 19VDC Power brick
- AC Power cable
The design files for the reference carrier board and camera module included in the devkit are freely available for download.
- The devkit comes pre-flashed with L4T and is used like a normal desktop.
- Plug in an HDMI display, attach the antennas and USB keyboard & mouse, and apply power to boot it up. (see User Guide)
- Visit the Embedded Developer Zone and Developer Forum to access the latest documentation & downloads.
- Use the Region Selector to find distributors of the devkit in your region.
- There's also an Academic Discount available for those belonging to an educational organization.
NVIDIA has released comprehensive documentation and reference designs for the Jetson TX1 module and devkit.
- Module Datasheet the official module features, ports, signal pin-out, and package specifications.
- Design Guide detailed technical design and layout information for creating OEM products.
- DevKit User Guide guide to unpacking, setting up, and flashing the Jetson TX1 Developer Kit.
- DevKit Carrier Spec design info about the reference carrier board from the devkit.
- DevKit Design Files schematics, layout, and design files for the devkit reference carrier board.
- Thermal Design Guide mechanical specifications for designing active and passive cooling solutions.
- Module PinMux excel spreadsheet macro for generating ARM device tree source (DTS) files.
- Multimedia Guide example gstreamer pipelines for accessing H.264/H.265 hardware video codec.
- L4T Kernel Docs documentation for L4T kernel developers (including V4L2/camera drivers).
- Tegra X1 TRM Technical Reference Manual for the TX1 system-on-chip and register data.
Above is a partial list of documents.
Please visit the Downloads Center on JEP for the full list that's currently available.
Guides and Tutorials
This section contains recipes for following along on Jetson.
The following are 3rd-party carriers, enclosures, and accessories available for Jetson TX1:
If you have a technical question or bug report, please visit the DevTalk Developer Forums and search or start a topic.