The only BB Black Pi amplifier you’ll need!
We’ve designed the JustBoom Amp Cape to be simple to install and use. With no soldering required and all the mounting hardware already provided this product is suitable for absolute beginners and seasoned professionals alike. Just connect your JustBoom Amp Cape to a set of passive speakers and you can be up and running quickly, enjoying flawless high quality audio playback within minutes of setting up this BB Black Cape. We also include an optional IR receiver to allow remote control operation of your Amplifier.
Includes a Class-D power amplifier chip with built in 192kHz/32bit DAC, for a peak power output of 2 x 55 Watts. The JustBoom Amplifier Cape outputs audio over two speaker cable connector blocks that accept anything up to 14 AWG cable and will provide crystal clear audio to either 4 or 8 Ohm passive speakers. It is also designed to back-power the BB Black over the GPIO header, meaning you only need a single power supply for the entire system.
Last but not least, all of the unused GPIO pins are still accessible on the Amp HAT for easy customisation of your project – add additional sensors, buttons, LEDs, rotary encoders or anything your heart desires.
- Full high quality audio – 192kHz / 32bit
- 2 x 55 Watt peak output at 8 ohms (2 x 30 Watt RMS)
- Includes both a DAC and power amplifier – just connect to your passive speakers
- Back-powers the BBB over the GPIO (with full HAT compliant protection) at 2.5A so only one power supply required for the whole system.
- Plug and play compatibility for ease of use
- Hardware and software volume control from your BBB
- Onboard, hardware jumpers for configuring mute and gain settings (jumpers could optionally be changed with switches)
- No soldering required
- Mounting hardware included
- Optional IR receiver included in package
- Unused GPIO pins still accessible via a populated extension header
To go back to the cape list, please click BeagleBone Capes