The GTA04 is an open hardware platform. Its design is roughly based on the BeagleBoard-xM.
GTA04A1/Openmoko Beagle Hybrid (2010)
A BeagleBoard-xM connected to a display-board, which fitted the case.
The first revision which integrated everything (SoC, Modem, Sensors, Peripherals, ...) on a single PCB.
- GTM501 replaced by GTM601W
- BMA180 accelerometer added
- RFID-EEPROM added
- expansion connector added
This revision was sent out to early adopters and software developers, to explore the new open hardware platform.
- second LIS302 accelerometer removed
- Sensors are no longer optional but always installed
- Si4721 no longer optional but always installed
- BMP085 replaced by BMP180
- BMA180 replaced
- HMC5883 replaced
- ITG3200 replaced by BMG160
- GPS is always W2SG0084 (Sirf IV) and delivers pulse-per-second
- 6 wire I2C expansion connector for external keyboard option or other purposes
- prepared for Case Kit connectivity of earpiece and vibramotor
- headset plugin detection improved
- production related changes (i.e. components substituted because of EOL; no visible change in features)
This revision is currently (2014) awaiting a large enough pre-order/production batch size, to be produced:
- GTA04 Project: http://www.gta04.org