Panda How to add 2 USBs
- The J6 expansion header on the PandaBoard allows for the addition of two USB host ports.
- The pinouts for the USB host ports match that of a standard PC USB host expansion connector.
These are the materials you will need in addition to your Pandaboard.
- Detail of one of the PC style USB expansion cable
- Red (VCC) wire will connect to J6 Pin 1 (USB Port 3) or 2 (USB Port 4)
- White (D-) wire will connect to J6 Pin 3 (USB Port 3) or 4 (USB Port 4)
- Green (D+) wire will connect to J6 Pin 5 (USB Port 3) or 6 (USB Port 4)
- Black (Gnd) wire will connect to J6 Pin 7 (USB Port 3) or 8 (USB Port 4)
* The fifth pin (shield) is not connected.
NOTE: Earlier versions of the Pandaboard had connections for the shield, but they were dropped in favor of some additional GPIOs.
- J6 Pinout
Here is what the header will look like when soldered to J6 of the Pandaboard.
- Solder the header into the J6 pins closest to the WIFI module
- Detail of the header soldered into J6
- Plug in the PC style USB expansion cable, making sure that the RED wire end of the connectors are plugged into the pins nearest the WIFI module
- Detail of the Thingy plugged into the Header at J6
Most PC USB Thingy's have a standard pinout that is compatible with J6
- First few pins of J6