RPi Projects/Digital Signage
Digital Signage platforms
- Yodeck - Digital Signage cloud platform, based on Raspberry Pi. Supports images, HD videos, web content, rotated monitors, unlimited storage and bandwidth. Free for 1 monitor, free RPi's for all monitors with the annual plan.
- Linutop OS Linutop OS is now available for Raspberry. Powerful, yet lightweight, Linutop Kiosk software allows to easily setup a digital signage solution. This new version includes a network remote control for smartphones, tablets or PC to interact live with your digital signage player.
- Raspberry Digital Signage - A digital signage solution for displaying web resources in a secure fullscreen view.
- Screenly - A digital solution designed for the Raspberry Pi. Both commercial and open source version available.
- xibo - open source
- piSignage - Digital signage for all
- Digital signage solution based on raspberry pi and nodejs.
- http://www.concerto-signage.org/ - open source
- http://www.targetr.net/- doesn't really seem ready yet.
- FirstView PiCube - A digital solution designed for the Raspberry Pi capable of displaying Images, HD Videos, RSS feeds and text presentations
- Raspberry Picture Frame Slideshow - Designed for digital signage or digital photo frames DIY purposes: it shows a full-screen locked slideshow of local and/or remote images.
- RiseVision Digital Signage Platform - The Enterprise Digital Signage Platform. Everything you need to create amazing digital signage for FREE
- info-beamer - Both standalone player software and hosted service available. Fully programmable in Lua, so you're not limited to prepared templates.
- Kurkshop Electronics - Player for monitor systems. Can play standalone or in master-client configuration. Pictures, movies, text. Including a webinterface so anyone can understand.
Raspberry Pi projects
- http://jstx.sourceforge.net (control TV with RPI)
Talk about Raspberry Pi as a digital signage driver
- General Linux reference - http://crunchbanglinux.org/wiki/howto/rotate_the_pc_screen
- Nvidia specific - http://ubuntunation.blogspot.com/2009/11/howto-rotate-screen-in-linux-using.html
- RasPi specific - http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=9450&p=109398&hilit=rotate+display#p109398
- Yodeck Supports rotated monitors by rotating X and rotated GPU-based video playback.
In general it seems this issue has not been resolved. Maybe http://www.bootc.net/projects/raspberry-pi-kernel/ will help?