NOTE : This page is meant to become a simpler introduction to the RaspberryPi than the page RaspberryPiBoardBeginners
Finding all the right hardware
You will need
- the Raspberry Pi board
- a USB keyboard
- a power source that has a MicroUSB plug (IMPORTANT , read on )
- a video cable (HDMI or RCA/Cinch with yellow plugs)
- a preloaded SD card (we suggest Linux)
What Power source to use
First , the Power Source has to deliver 5V at 400 mA or more from the moment it is connected to the mains socket on. You can use the charger of a mobile phone . Just check if it fits in the specs and its plug fits into the RaspberryPi !
If you have USB A to MicroUSB plug cable ( shipped with many Phones and MP3 players as data cable ) you may use :
- a laptop / PC
- a pack of 4 AA batteries (soldering required)
- a powered USB hub
- a special wall wart with USB port(s)
Where to get the preloaded SD Card from
Many digital cameras use SD cards . Any SD or SDHC card between 2 and 32 GB should work. Backup all data and photos on them. Now get a PC with Linux and a compatible Cardreader.
Plug the card into the connected cardreader, and use PiCard.