Scripting is powerful technology especially valuable in embbedded Linux. It is used for building complex projects, building root file systems and distributions, system management, tests automation.
Most commons shells are bash on PC and busybox's ash on embedded Linux.
Shell scripting libraries
- List of Bash shell-scripting libraries
- mbfl - Marco's Bash Functions Library
- bsfl - Bash Shell Function Library
- shesfw - Shell Script Framework tool
- shUnit2 - xUnit based unit testing for Unix shell scripts
- log4sh - logging facility
- libbash - tool for managing bash scripts
- rerun - a modular shell automation framework to organize your keeper scripts
Samples from books