← Thread:Talk:BeagleBone Black Extracting eMMC contents/Flash unsuccessful/reply (2)
Hi, since I spent two hours figuring out how the backup of the interal emmc storage works, here is how I got it running on a recent REV C BBB from Element14:
- The SD-card really has to be formatted with FAT16, which is only possible with SD-cards <= 4 GB
- * Open a command window and enter diskpart
- * Select the SD-card as disk with select disk (list disk shows all disk)
- * Enter clear (make really sure, that you selected the SD-card)
- * Keep diskpart open
- * Open the disk-management in Windows
- * Create a new partition with exactly 4048 MB and format it with FAT16
- * Go back to diskpart, enter "select partition 1" and afterwards active
- * Create a folder "dtds" on the SD-card
- Copy the entire content of https://s3.amazonaws.com/beagle/beagleboneblack-save-emmc.zip on the sd-card
Copy am335x-boneblack.dtb into the dtds folder Insert the SD-card into the BBB and just power it up (no need to hold down the S2-button)
The USR0 LED should start blinking in a regular pattern (not the heartbeat pattern)
But now the backup solution works really fine and is perfect to clone a running configuration for the BBB onto further BBBs.
When using the REV C BBB from element14, the folder created should be named "dtbs". The above post has a mistake.
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reasons:
- The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
- You must confirm your email address before editing pages. Please set and validate your email address through your user preferences.
You can view and copy the source of this page.