Magazine about Jetson TK1
← Thread:Talk:Jetson TK1/Magazine about Jetson TK1 (2)/reply
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reasons:
- The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
- You must confirm your email address before editing pages. Please set and validate your email address through your user preferences.
You can view and copy the source of this page.
It's true that Wiki and forums are different mediums, suited to different types of content. That's why I moved your question + request onto something suited for discussion like this Talk page or the DevTalk forum or on the Google+ community for general discussion), rather than a Wiki page that is supposed to be showing encyclopedia-style information, not questions or requests from users. If you want to add a section to the wiki about Jetson TK1 related magazines and you just say that no magazine currently exists, then that would make sense on a Wiki, but posting a complaining question onto a Wiki is not the correct method.
I regularly maintain this Wiki to make sure the content is fairly consistent and good quality, hence why I moved your question + request to the talk section. If I knew which user you were on DevTalk I would have moved it to the DevTalk forum so others can comment (eg: maybe a user actually does want to start working on a Jetson TK1 or Tegra magazine), but I wasn't sure if you use DevTalk so I posted it here instead since you obviously do read this Wiki.
Why was the magazine section added back? Why have an empty section (on the leading page, mind you) just to say there's no magazine?
In my mind, this wiki and it's projects section (hopefully to grow & expand over time), *is* the magazine.
I agree with Dustin, that we shouldn't put a magazine section if we don't have a magazine and if there are still not enough projects to make a magazine. Peepo.com, I want to remove the magazine section from the Wiki, but you clearly don't. How about we make a poll on the DevTalk forum (that hundreds of people will read, instead of this Talk page where just a handful of people will read), asking what the majority want:
1) Remove the Magazine section on the Wiki (until perhaps in >6 months time when there are enough projects to make a magazine)
2) Keep the Magazine section on the Wiki that says there is no Magazine.
3) Keep the Magazine section on the Wiki and start organizing to actually make a magazine about Jetson TK1 & CUDA. This would have to mostly be done by users with many user-contributed projects. I assume this won't be possible until atleast 6 months when Jetson TK1 is more in use).