Difference between revisions of "User:Fusonmb"
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
Revision as of 19:11, 8 March 2011
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
Masters in Electrical and Computer Engineering
Projects of Interest:
- Real-time audio room analyzer/equalizer: Hard Implement a real-time audio room analyzer/equalizer. Using techniques such as PN sequence “noise” correlation, analyze the acoustic characteristics of a room and adjust the multiband filter responses for the high fidelity music output, all in real-time. If the room acoustics change, even with something as transient as a person walking into the room, the filters adjust in real time to maintain the same frequency response for the specified region of the room.
- Spectrum analyzer using the DSP: Medium Write a program that uses the DSP to take an alsa input and to all the math and a GUI on the arm that display the realtime spectrum. The DSP side needs to use xdais so other DSP programs can run at the same time.
- Audio-based translator: Medium Utilizing voice recognition on the BeagleBoard with a microphone, submit text to Google Translator, then perform text-to-speech.
- NEON Support for FFTW: Medium FFTW is a library for calculating the Fast Fourier Transform. The current implementation of FFTW contains SIMD optimizations for several instructions sets. It should be possible to add optimizations for the NEON SIMD co-processor in the Beagle Board. FFTW is widely used in the open source community and this project would make FFTW far more useful on processors with NEON instructions. The mentor is particularly interested in improving GNU Radio on the OMAP3 and improving FFTW performance would be very useful.
- Port TI's fixed-point speech recognizer to the DSP. It currently runs on the ARM. Link