Difference between revisions of "User:Fusonmb"
|Line 69:||Line 69:|
Latest revision as of 13:00, 11 November 2011
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
Masters in Electrical and Computer Engineering
Projects of Interest:
- Real-time audio room analyzer/equalizer: Hard Implement a real-time audio room analyzer/equalizer. Using techniques such as PN sequence “noise” correlation, analyze the acoustic characteristics of a room and adjust the multiband filter responses for the high fidelity music output, all in real-time. If the room acoustics change, even with something as transient as a person walking into the room, the filters adjust in real time to maintain the same frequency response for the specified region of the room.
- Spectrum analyzer using the DSP: Medium Write a program that uses the DSP to take an alsa input and to all the math and a GUI on the arm that display the realtime spectrum. The DSP side needs to use xdais so other DSP programs can run at the same time.
- Audio-based translator: Medium Utilizing voice recognition on the BeagleBoard with a microphone, submit text to Google Translator, then perform text-to-speech.
- NEON Support for FFTW: Medium FFTW is a library for calculating the Fast Fourier Transform. The current implementation of FFTW contains SIMD optimizations for several instructions sets. It should be possible to add optimizations for the NEON SIMD co-processor in the Beagle Board. FFTW is widely used in the open source community and this project would make FFTW far more useful on processors with NEON instructions. The mentor is particularly interested in improving GNU Radio on the OMAP3 and improving FFTW performance would be very useful.
- Port TI's fixed-point speech recognizer to the DSP. It currently runs on the ARM. Link
U-Boot 2010.03 (Feb 20 2011 - 20:15:58) OMAP3630/3730-GP ES2.0, CPU-OPP2, L3-165MHz, OMAP3 Beagle board + LPDDR/NAND I2C: ready DRAM: 512 MB NAND: 0 MiB *** Warning - bad CRC or NAND, using default environment In: serial Out: serial Err: serial Probing for expansion boards, if none are connected you'll see a harmless I2C e. No EEPROM on expansion board Beagle xM Rev A Die ID #6e8e00011ff00000015739eb0800c00e Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0 mmc1 is available The user button is currently PRESSED. reading user.scr ** Unable to read "user.scr" from mmc 1:1 ** reading uImage 3195484 bytes read reading ramdisk.gz ** Unable to read "ramdisk.gz" from mmc 1:1 ** Booting from mmc ... ## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 80200000 ... Image Name: Angstrom/2.6.32/beagleboard Image Type: ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed) Data Size: 3195420 Bytes = 3 MB Load Address: 80008000 Entry Point: 80008000 Verifying Checksum ... OK Loading Kernel Image ... OK OK Starting kernel ...