How do I enable veth for BeagleBoard
I already placed a question on the Ubuntu for BeagleBone discussion page but didn't get an answer yet. Maybe you could step in. I need to use Linux containers (LXC) on my BeagleBone but the virtual network interface module veth dosn't seem to be enabled in the standard build. Could you tell me how to get it enabled? --XXLRay (talk) 05:10, 19 May 2014 (UTC)
It's pretty easy to enable it with my kernel scripts, so here for hints:
- Thank you for the answer but I think I did not explain the issue well enough. I already know how to compile a kernel and I think I also know which option exactly is needed.
- My problem is that the pre-build Ubuntu image from this Wiki page does not have veth support. I now see two solutions to overcome this problem:
- Install Ubuntu from the given image, download the kernel sources and re-compile the kernel with veth enabled
- Adjust the image build script to create the Ubuntu beaglebone image with veth enabled.
- So far I was looking at the script beagleboard.org_image.sh but could not find out whether this compiles the kernel or just downloads it. Furthermore would I prefer not to create the kernel config from scratch but just to take one that works fine and only change the veth option.
- What I need to know is where I can get the kernel sources that are used for the pre-build image, where I can get the depending kernel config that creates a kernel that runs on a beaglebone and whether the script allows a direct way to set the kernel config.
- --XXLRay (talk) 10:35, 20 May 2014 (UTC)